Search This Blog

Followers

Saturday, March 27, 2010

Long time, no see...

I did not die or fall off the face of the earth. I have been incredibly, overwhelmingly busy. And it turns out, I am not one of those moms with extra tentacle-like hands that can do various tasks all at once....including updating a once-frequented blog.

Here's what I've been doing:

Dealing with a six-month old drama queen. She spits, she rolls her eyes at me, she refuses to look my way. And the next minute she smiles, coos, and reaches her arms out to her favorite mama.

Dealing with a five-going-on-35 year old boy. Nothing is new here. He is an orange belt in TKD now...which translates to more emphatic outbursts of "I can KICK YOUR BUTT!" to his brother, when applicable. But trust me, if he even tries to kick his brother's butt....well, we'll see who's got the orange belt...

Dealing with the process of getting a Masters in Counseling. I can't believe how much more work this is, compared to undergrad. I wanted to be done. What was I thinking?

Putting my house on the market, and praying it sells soon.

Dealing with the ever ongoing struggle to get Gabe to gain weight. His sister went in for her six month checkup, and weighed in at 13 lbs, 13 oz. Gabe is nearly three. He weighs 24 lbs. There is something very disturbing about that. He eats incessantly, but I am now wondering if he has Crohn's. Why can I not eat incessantly?

Speaking of weight, I witnessed the little hourglass on my computer screen as it processed the calculation of my "ideal" weight. I waited. And to my horror, the number it gave me was a shocking 70 lbs. less than what I currently weigh. So that's it, folks. "Morbidly Obese." Since I figure I'm about 2 shakes from having my own show on TLC anyway, I would like to avoid having it revolve around my weight issues. So I joined Weight Watchers, and intend to go into seclusion until further notice.
Which, on the bright side, may mean more blogging. Or just more running and jumping and following the humiliating moves of Jillian Michaels, the much despised weight loss coach for "The Biggest Loser."

Take care, folks.

3 comments:

  1. You should do the abs diet with me. I need to get back on track because summer is too close!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah the drama of raising a daughter - I have one of those too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. If it makes you feel better, Sophia is only 24 pounds too. She will b 3 in 2 months! So, I don't think it is so bad. Toddlers are just picky eaters and BUSY!! you want a diet? try moving around as much as Gabe does in a day. Follow him around and do everything he does--you'll be exhausted!

    ReplyDelete

Powered By Blogger