Search This Blog

Followers

Friday, December 16, 2011

Fillin' that heart

This will be brief and it won't hurt a bit. My kids were talking about the North Star yesterday, and asking if it was called "The North Star" because it's at the North Pole, with Santa. It is, in fact.

It's also called Polaris, or Ursae Minoris. Also, as I explained to the kiddos, it was the called the Star of Bethlehem - it led those three very wise men, also called the Magi, to baby Jesus.

By then they were bored with me. Very bored, and not at all amused with all of my information.

So they asked me a question I didn't know. But Google did. How far away is the North Star?

According to Google, it's about 430 lightyears from Earth. In a car going 100 miles per hour that never stops, it would take you about 3 thousand million years to travel that distance. Wow. I hardly even like to drive down to the store.

Satisfied, my kids went away.

And I started thinking. If the Magi just trusted that star enough to follow it to Jesus, why shouldn't it be our quest to follow it too? And then I remembered, the darn thing is 3 thousand million years away.

But there is a simpler fix, thankfully.

Just invite Jesus to live in your heart. He will come right away, because He can travel much faster than the speed of light.

And He promises to stay forever.

1 comment:

Powered By Blogger