Search This Blog

Followers

Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Pigs and Viruses

H1 and N1 came to my door for candy this Halloween. It was funny, in some sick and twisted way...and, as if they were cursed, I made sure I didn't touch them when I put their Reese's in their buckets. It's all you see on the news, and most of the big news websites have some sort of updated blurb about Swine Flu on the front page every day. It may very well be a government conspiracy, but I'm not jumping off the politcal bandwagon to join the John Birch society just yet.
Yesterday, at my doctor visit, I asked about the vaccine. This was my first year to get the seasonal flu vaccine, so what the hey, let's get the pig one too...I explained that I knew I could go to the health department, but the thought of dragging my kids in with me to wait in line among other people who probably have Swine Flu, or headlice at the very least (Lord, forgive me) was a less than pleasant and darn-near impossible feat. My doctor's response was almost comical, if it weren't so creepy. She said "well, we're only giving it to pregnant moms...we don't want to end up on the news for giving it out incorrectly, like that Walgreen's did. You have to be in a high-risk category...but (and here's the creepy part)...if you walk around the back of the office here with me, I'll get the lab lady to give you one so you don't have to go to the health department." The lab lady didn't talk much, I think she knew she was doing wrong...she handed me some paperwork to sign, pretty sure I read something about my last will and testament...and then she stabbed me in the arm. She then proceeded to walk me out to a side door, and no joke, said "this leads out to the main parking lot." Indeed, it was a covert operation. Top secret, till I blogged it here....and I'm usually so trustworthy with classified information. But I tell you, friends, I was dosed with the swine flu, and it felt dangerous.

2 comments:

  1. I love your writing style....:) Now go take a nap....Zen FIRE ZE MISSILES!!

    ReplyDelete

Powered By Blogger