Search This Blog

Followers

Friday, January 15, 2010

Dinner is Served, Day Four

Calzones, calzones....

I made the dough the day before - it was my plan. It was not, however, my plan, for Yukon, my 90lb. Samoyed/Husky dog to eat the pound and a half of dough I created. Let's just say there were lots of trips outside yesterday.

Anyway, I remade my dough, and here's what you do next. Note: if you missed the dough recipe, it's posted on Day 3.

Separate your dough into six pieces, and lay on a floured surface. Roll out each piece into a circle or a rectangle. I am a horrible circle-roller so rectangles work best for me. Then it's time to fill them. Here's where the possibilities become endless...be creative!

I made three pepperoni pizza calzones, and three with ham, cheddar and veggies. They were both tasty.

I took about a tablespoon and a half of ricotta cheese and made a base on each of my dough pieces. Then, on the pizza ones, I added pizza sauce, mozzarella and pepperoni. I also sprinkled on a little oregano. On the ham ones, I added frozen broccoli and carrots, chopped ham, and cheddar cheese.

Fold your dough over into a semi-circle, rolling in the edges to seal. It should make a nice, tight pocket.

Bake these on a stone or a cookie sheet (use nonstick spray) at 350 degrees for about 20 minutes.

One calzone is plenty for one person, I think, but if you're feeling dangerous, eat a couple of them. No one is watching. Really.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered By Blogger