Search This Blog

Followers

Monday, January 4, 2010

My Favorites II

The days of low-rise, booty-bloomin' jeans are over for this girl. Although I never dared venture down the road of thong-exposing low riders...I can admit that I tried a few pairs of lower cut jeans that inevitably stretched at the waist and exposed more of my rear end than I'm comfortable with. Well, really I'm not comfortable with ANY of it showing. And while we're talking comfort, let's hit on thongs again for a second. Who the heck wears those at will?? Who wants to wear some halfway- there scrap of cloth that would barely cover a postage stamp, with a string that hikes up the middle of your keister!? But I regress. Alas, I unveil for you the second edition of My Favorite Things:
Two pairs of jeans that have made me feel like a fashionable mama once again. The first pair is the Old Navy Boyfriend (Weekend) Jean. Gals, I was skeptical about the "boyfriend" part. I never borrowed a boyfriend's jeans. Eww. I think about my own sons, grown, with girlfriends who want to borrow their jeans. Take my advice, girls: don't do it. Although we can hope some bad habits will be outgrown, their jeans are currently dragged through mud and muck in the backyard, pockets full of sand and bugs and rocks and frogs, and when it's mealtime, they double as a napkin. Why waste paper? I find that I have to beg my boys (including my husband) to surrender their jeans to the washer, too. They'd keep wearing the same pair. They rely on the "sniff" test. If the stink doesn't knock them over, wear 'em again!
Now do you want to borrow your man's jeans? Of course not! So buy these. They are nice and soft and worn in...a little baggy in the legs and distressed at the knees. They do NOT fall down your backside, but they do ride slightly lower on the hips, so if you're a "hippier" girl like me, then please order a size up. Do NOT feel bad about this. Relish in the fact that you're wearing your own jeans, for pete's sake.
Here they are:



The second pair lives up to its name: The Dreamer. Again an Old Navy brand that'll run about $34 unless you find a sale, these jeans are what I've dreamed about: a flatter-looking tummy and a butt that doesn't sag. The Dreamer jeans will make you feel sassy. Pair 'em up with some saucy boots, just to feel extra saucy-sassy. Doesn't that sound good? I found that I could maybe go a size DOWN in these, which gave them extra points. Makes up for going up a size in the other pair. These are a sleeker fit, but the waistband won't gap and the front portion comes up a little higher, just in case you've had a few c-sections. Or that's what I tell myself it's for, anyway. Here they are:


That's about it for my sharing tonight. If you're in the market for a pair of good denims, give these guys a whirl. I wouldn't steer you wrong.

1 comment:

  1. I am currently wearing a pair of Dreamers. They are great til later in the day when they stretch out & need to have a belt!

    ReplyDelete

Powered By Blogger