Search This Blog

Followers

Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Dinner is Served, Day Three

Tonight's very simple - packin' up the kiddies and heading out with my mother for someone else to cook me dinner and clean up my mess. And bring me more drink if I choose to drink more. But I don't know where we are going to go, so I'll have to edit later.

That being said....we're still not off the hook, completely. Tomorrow is Calzone Day. Don'tcha love how I capitalized it like I'm making it a national holiday? Well, it isn't. In fact, the closest holiday I can find that is even close to a Calzone Day is National Cherry Turnover Day, and it's on August 28th. Mmm....

So, here's a choice: you can make your calzone dough today or tomorrow. I personally think it's better to do ahead, but that's because it's a little messy, having your countertops full of flour, and I can only take messiness in baby steps. I also think that refrigerated dough tends to be a little easier to handle, too...or at least that's what I tell myself. This is the recipe, you decide how you want to proceed:
You will need:
* 1 cup lukewarm beer or lukewarm water (warning - beer is gross, lukewarm beer is grosser)
* 2 tablespoons sugar
* 1 teaspoon salt
* 1 tablespoon butter
* 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
* 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
* 1/2 teaspoon italian seasoning
* 2 1/2 cups bread flour, or whole wheat flour
* 2 1/2 teaspoons bread machine yeast

Put all your ingredients, in this order, into your bread machine. Select the dough cycle. Once dough is finished, either put it in a lightly oiled bowl, cover w/ plastic wrap and refrigerate (supposing you're going to make your calzones the next day)...or turn it out onto a floured surface and get ready to roll and stretch. This recipe will yield six 6-inch calzones.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered By Blogger