Search This Blog

Followers

Monday, January 25, 2010

I Admit

...I admit that sometimes I'm not hungry for dinner because I ate dessert first. Or half a bag of chips. Who am I kidding, I mean a whole bag of chips.
...I admit that when my little boys are supposed to be in bed, but instead they're upstairs squealing and laughing, I don't really get mad...it makes me feel happy because I realize someday it will be quiet upstairs...
...I admit that I love the strength I gather from my relationship with God, and I am so grateful for the blessings He's given me.
...I admit wholeheartedly that one of those blessings was my grandma Margie, and I admit that I believe she is watching over me and my children.
...I admit that I've woken my baby girl up on purpose a time or two, just to see her big blue eyes and her toothless smile.
...I admit I think boys are the best when they are younger than 10 or older than, say, 70. In between, they are gangly, arrogant and ornery. Think about it.
...I admit I love my dogs more than I love some people. I don't even really think of them as dogs...they are my family too.
...I admit I watch stupid shows like The Bachelor, and I find myself talking to the T.V. screen, telling him what to do, who to pick. Only when no one is around. But then again, I only watch when no one is around.
...I admit I really do like the snow.
...I admit that I like my legs. But only from the knee down. I also like my feet.
...I admit that it pulls on my heartstrings when my oldest son shouts "I hate you!" But that it pulls even harder when he wraps his arms around my neck and says "I love you, mommy..."
...I admit that I wish I had a better relationship with some of my family members. We aren't all as close as I wish we could be.
...I admit that I've lost touch with some friends that I shouldn't have lost touch with.
...I admit I've made mistakes. A lot of mistakes.
...I admit I've learned my lesson. Most of the time. But sometimes a lesson is learned too late.
...I admit to being a really good listener, but I also admit that I might give you unsolicited advice.
...I admit that I don't always correct my baby boy when he mispronounces a word because I just think it's cute, and who's it hurting, anyway?
...I admit that there hasn't been a diet in my whole life that I've not cheated on. I am a dieting infidel.
...I admit I give up on most exercise programs, I need a buddy.
...I admit that I won't believe you, most of the time, when you pay me a compliment that has to do with appearance. It's a confidence issue I'll never be over.
...I admit to an obsession with worn-out blue jeans and designer shoes. But I can only really afford one of the above. Guess which one.
...I admit that most of the time, my mother is right.
...I admit I still don't listen to my mother like I should.

2 comments:

  1. I liked this one enough to comment. Also, because of the ending I hope your mom reads it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Anonymous. I don't know who you are, but thanks...and I'm sure my mom will indeed read this.
    I'm not sure, though, what you mean by "liking this one enough to comment...." do you often read and not like what I have to say?

    ReplyDelete

Powered By Blogger