Search This Blog

Followers

Sunday, January 17, 2010

Dinner is Served, Day Six

Sunday night dinners stress me out a little. Sundays have turned into a day when I am on the go from sun-up to sundown. I have church, I come home and make lunch, and then I run errands. My top priority (errand-wise) is the grocery trip. I love grocery shopping and yet I hate it. I don't like trekking all over a super-center for things, but I love the convenience of everything I need, housed in the same building.

Anyway...I try to either make something in the crock pot on Sundays, or something fairly simple. Big, elaborate meals just don't happen on this day, because I don't end up having the time.
Tonight I made a big, healthy salad. Here's what you'll need:
1 large bag arugula
1 carton grape tomatoes
1 container blue cheese crumbles
1 bell pepper, diced
3 hard-boiled eggs, chopped
2 filets of sirloin
2 T. olive oil
Salt and pepper to taste

Toss the first five ingredients together in a large bowl. Sear the steaks over a medium-high flame in a skillet coated with the olive oil. Avoid pressing on the meat, you'll lose all the yummy juices. Once the steaks are browned on each side (about 4 minutes each side), remove them to a cutting board and thinly slice them.

Pile salad mixture on dinner plates, and arrange sliced steak on top. This is best topped with a lighter dressing, such as a balsamic vinegar/olive oil blend. Makes 4 servings.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered By Blogger